Community, Thoughts on life, Writing

Thanks Teach!

School is over and the exhilarated squeal that began in January from the teachers I know has become a well-deserved, deafening roar. Being a teacher is a challenge, gift and a burden. I have several friends who are teachers and since I was a student who tried to get away with more than I should have, I know… Read More Thanks Teach!

Community

Happy Social Worker Month

My friends are neatly divided in to two groups: social workers and teachers. Ok, I also have a couple nurses on the roster, but otherwise I am not exaggerating. I suppose I just really need some purposeful, intelligent and hard-working women in my life because that’s who I’ve got in my social circle. I try hard not… Read More Happy Social Worker Month

Community, Entertainment

Happy Galentine’s Day (you beautiful, tropical fish)

I am a little too excited to begin preparing for Galentine’s Day. What’s Galentine’s Day? Oh, you beautiful, tropical fish. No one can explain it quite like Leslie Knope from Parks and Rec. Here it is in writing for those who totally missed out on hearing Leslie explain it in typical, peppy, positive, Leslie-Knope-style. Is there… Read More Happy Galentine’s Day (you beautiful, tropical fish)